The Pohutukawa Coast Times is a free community newspaper, delivered weekly to more than 6,200 households (approximately 20,000 people) in Auckland's coastal and rural south-east.
The PC Times is the only newspaper to cover a unique circulation area which includes Beachlands, Maraetai, Whitford, Clevedon, Brookby, Kawakawa Bay, Orere Point, Paparimu, Alfriston and Ardmore.
Our Distribution Area
- is located approximately 35 minutes south-east of Auckland City and 30 minutes east of Auckland International Airport
- boasts one of Auckland's highest population growth rates
- consists of a mix of affluent rural and coastal communities
According to the last New Zealand Census in 2013, our readers
- are predominantly of European descent aged between 15 and 64 years (approximately 70%)
- are an equal ratio of male to female
- are amongst the highest average income earners in the country (40% earn more than NZ$50,000pa, compared with 29.2% of people in Auckland)
- are more likely to be managers and professionals than any other occupation
- has established a solid reputation as a reliable source of local news for over 20 years
- enjoys a highly literate and engaged audience
Our Digital Audience
- is steadily growing, thanks to weekly publishing of our newspaper, and online promotion of each issue via Facebook. Our Facebook followers have more than tripled over the past year.