The Pohutukawa Coast Times is a free community newspaper, delivered weekly to more than 6,000 households (approximately 20,000 people) in Auckland's coastal and rural south-east.
The PC Times is the only newspaper to cover a unique circulation area which includes Beachlands, Maraetai, Whitford, Clevedon, Brookby, Kawakawa Bay, Orere Point, Paparimu, Alfriston and Ardmore.
Our Distribution Area
- is located approximately 35 minutes south-east of Auckland City and 30 minutes east of Auckland International Airport
- boasts one of Auckland's highest population growth rates
- consists of a mix of affluent rural and coastal communities
According to the last New Zealand Census in 2013, our readers
- are predominantly of European descent aged between 15 and 64 years (approximately 70%)
- are an equal ratio of male to female
- are amongst the highest average income earners in the country (40% earn more than NZ$50,000pa, compared with 29.2% of people in Auckland)
- are more likely to be managers and professionals than any other occupation
- has established a solid reputation as a reliable source of news for over 20 years
- enjoys a highly literate and engaged audience
Our Digital Audience
- is growing! Ownership of the PC Times changed in February 2018, and under the direction of its new editor the paper has recently launched a new website and begun to regularly promote our publication via Facebook. While this is still in the early stages, we are already seeing a surge in Facebook stats*, and we have a digital business plan which will extend our online reach throughout 2018.
*as at mid April the number of people engaging with our posts had increased by 58%, and our page following audience had increased by 74% compared to the previous month.